Taps system not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps system not working

My trim system does not work!! Is this a electircal system or hydralic?? How do I fix this??

Sorry I have a 1998 PRE2200i. Any help would be appricated..

Comment

I had this problem on my 2004 20v and had to replace the actuator. The actuators (Lenco is the brand I think) are about 150 give or take. I would test to see if it is getting power and if it is, it is probably the actuator. It is not to difficult to repalace and you can find new ones online. I am not sure but earlier model Tiges had a different type of actuator. Hope this helps.

Comment

Do a search on the forum and there is tons of threads on it. I actually just finished battling my Taps system on my 21v. My system was a bennet and the relay had gone bad and the switch was shorting and I think the main culprit. First step is to jump the wires before the switch and if it works then you know it isn't the pump and is something electrical.

Here is the thread on my relay.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17223

The best bet is to just do a few searches on the forum. Do you have a Bennet system or a Lenco?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure of the make. So it is hydralic then? Where would the pump be located??

Comment

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tige...iw=912&bih=880

Comment

I have a 99 2100 and Bennett also makes my taps system. the motor is located under the observer seat, there's a circular door there and its in that compartment, may be a little diff on yours. Mine is hydraulic and if yours is a Bennett too, have no worries they are a great company to work with.

Comment

Awesome!! Thank you that give's me some idea of where to look. I don't ever recall hearing anything when I would hit the button last year so I think I'm going to start by looking at the switch on the accelerator.

Comment

You will have the Bennett system. It is hydraulic. First thing to do is check the pump to see if it is working. They are pretty bulletproof so a pump failure is highly unlikely. Make sure it has fluid in the reservoir. If it is low, fill it up. They use standard Dextron/Mercon III tranny fluid. If nothing happens when you hit the switch, it is more than likely something simple like a loose ground. Worst case is generally a bad switch or relay. If you can hear the pump when you hit the switch but, the plate doesn't move, you are just low on fluid. If that's the case, fill it up and check for leaks. The most common leak is at the rams, usually just a seal. Bennett still produces these systems so parts are available and Bennett is great to work with.

Whatever you do, don't cut the green wire coming from the port ram! It's a shielded wire and its a bitch to put back together. It is for your gauge and nothing else.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have a 97 pre2150 and one of my relays went out over the weekend. You might make sure yours are actually kicking in supplying power to the pump. Mine were located under the dash right next to the rack for the steering. Has 2 one for both directions

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      Whatever you do, don't cut the green wire coming from the port ram! It's a shielded wire and its a bitch to put back together. It is for your gauge and nothing else.
                      LOL! I accidentally cut the trim gauge wire on my old I/O definitely not fun, but it is possible to put back together.

Comment

I have a 98 pre2002. my pump is on the drivers side behind the back seat side pannel. you can pull the back storage bin above the gas tank to access it.

i know this doesnt actually fix the issue but...a good shake always gets mine working again!

Comment

this may be a dumb question but how do i adjust my taps on my 1998 pre 2000 wt. Does anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                          X