No announcement yet.

Winterize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chpthril- The F-A-L that I made does have .5 ID tubing.

WABoating- The reason I installed the extra pump was so I wouldn't burn up the impeller. When I was searching ways to make one I found a thread somewhere that said the impeller alone couldn't produce enough vaccum when sucking through the hose, and that if you didn't have the extra pump it would do damage to the impeller. I just installed the pump for insurance. That being said, I think it has to do with the water pressure coming to the hose. When running from house water pressure mine did great. Had plenty of extra water like you said. But when running from a bucket the impeller is the only source of vaccum. I also have a 10 foot hose that its pulling vaccum from. I made it a little long so I could monitor how much coolant was left in the bucket and add more if it hadn't come out of the exhaust yet.

Comment

Ahh, I can see the pump's purpose now.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by hicrawler View Post
        WABoating- The reason I installed the extra pump was so I wouldn't burn up the impeller. When I was searching ways to make one I found a thread somewhere that said the impeller alone couldn't produce enough vaccum when sucking through the hose, and that if you didn't have the extra pump it would do damage to the impeller. I just installed the pump for insurance.
        Well, I'm a big one for insurance and taking care of one's equipment so I completely understand. Keep taking good care of that engine and it will take good care of you!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
          Well, I'm a big one for insurance and taking care of one's equipment so I completely understand. Keep taking good care of that engine and it will take good care of you!
          x2.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
          X