Battery relocate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery relocate

I have a 2005 22i. I recently installed a third battery, this battery is a Kinetik. Two of the batteries are located in the storage compartment behind the observers seat. It takes up storage space that I would like to utilize.
    I was thinking of using the space under the cushion that is is in the walkway going to the front of the boat. It looks like this space is not used for anything but it's closed off. Does anyone know if there is anything in there?
    I also want to relocate the other battery that is in that observer seat storage. Any suggestions? The third battery is under the port side observer cushion. That is a good place that doesn't take up room.

Might have to use the rear storage locker which would be good for a "little" ballast but not sure if having a 12' long cable would be a bad thing?

Thanks for your input.

Most of us V owners have our batteries at the back. You can purchase all the cable, eyes and switches you need from Chpthril. He sent me exactly what I needed and gave me all the help I needed. 1/0 cable is what I used.

Comment

And Mike's (Chpthril) cable prices are ridiculously cheap compared to other sources. He set me up last year to wire some amps and speakers and it saved me a ton over buying it somewhere else.

Comment

The trim pump is in the center seat area, how about in front of the helm.

Comment

Dom,

Trim,, as in the taps plate pump? The helm storage compartment is taken by the Sub.

Comment

I had a '04 22i and there was absolutley nothing under there and I considered the same thing. I actually put a 10" sub in there. The taps was electrical and i think that did change in '05 to hydraulic. so.....if that is the case then yeah that is where the pump is. Pull the seat and check it out. Two studs with nuts on them hold it down. When i made that seat bottome removable I used 2 pieces of rubbere block to hold it in place.
            I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Working...
            X