Air Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Horn

I have a 2000, 20CI. Where would be a good place to mount a single or double marine air horn? There is room for the presure tank and compressor under the deck. The only folks to hear the stock horn are my passengers. I want a loud horn to honk at the rude PWC idiots, at 4th of July fireworks displays, and boat parades. Mounting the horn on the sloped bow deck would not look good. I might have to get used to it though. Any ideas? M&M

x2 for rude pwc..

I'm getting an air horn as well. I say mount it up high on the tower to give it range. I'll putting my tank and compressor in front of the driver storage. Damn thing is costing me but I'll do anything to scare the crap outta' the weekender pwc crazies

If you don't have a tower then I say in front of the driver/windshield.

I love airhorns. There's this pre ww2 wood boat that has the coolest siren horn..he winds that thing up so everyone is freakin out about the 'man'..it's also waaaay loud and it makes you jump. I want mine loud enough to be able to knock a buzzard off a sh*twagon.ie 150 db or so muahahahaha
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

i to want to get a air horn after this past weekend having a close encounter with a PWC...stupid ppl letting their 13 year old kid drive it by himself with someone younger than him as a passenger....while i was wakeboarding he came up from behind and got so close to me i coulda reached out and slapped him!!! i let go instantly and he then cut the boat off causing my driver to have to come to an abrupt stop bringing on a flood to the front bow.....not to mention water splashed up over the windshield and flooded out the head unit....thank god it dried up enough to work but the screen went out on it.....damn lake patrol was on lunch and had the boat pulled out of the water...we called them and got them back in the water only for them to say they wouldnt do anything off hear say but already had 3 complaints on them :/ on sunday the guy told us he ended up sighting the parents a ticket for their own stupidity on the PWCs later that day and now have a court date this week...atleast a bit of somewhat justice was served.....

so YES i want a set of air horns now to so i can scare them off their seats!!!!

Comment

I keep one of these under my seat so I can direct the sound at them. I bought the biggest I could find at WestMarine, it says on the packaging that it is for 60' boats. Here is one from iBoats:

http://www.iboats.com/Large-Air-Horn...view_id.215351
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I'm going for the whole show..decent size compressor/air tank... and one BIG A*S single trumpet BIG RIG horn. I think it's a low 'C'...classic big rig blast everyone loves to hear..

I don't have time to reach for a hand held. If a wave runner crosses my bow/stern I'm gonna give him all 150 db up the a** instantly

I do know some airhorns can get you written up on the street but I think it's OK to have one on a boat.
          Last edited by MooseX; 09-13-2011, 01:59 AM.
          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

I got one of these
            http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z4WURY/...SIN=B003Z4WURY
            I mounted in place of the stock horn
            Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get 12 Volt horns that look the same & are pretty loud. I'm sure they're not AS loud as the air horns, but it's gotta be better than stock.

I'd mount them right above the racks - 1 on each side, & wire it to the original switch. That should be loud enough!

If that won't work for ya, I know our 24Ve has room for everything in this package - hornblasters

Comment

We have one of the hand held refillable air horns. Pretty cool with a little fitting on the bottom that we can re-pressurize at home before hitting the lake.

Comment

The wimpy Yugo horn is the one weakness of our 24Ve. Even my Seadoo jetboat had a better horn, and more importantly vented it outside the hull. The Tige factory horn is just mounted under the dash, I believe, so it's loudest within the boat itself! WTF?!?

I've wanted to upgrade it but can't decide if boring Yet Another Hole In The Fiberglass is worth it. I'm not keen on tower mounting, as I think horns are acoustically beautiful but visually ugly. Still thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                    x2 for rude pwc..

I want mine loud enough to be able to knock a buzzard off a sh*twagon.ie 150 db or so muahahahaha
                    LMAO!!!! Love this stuff!! Thank you all for posting this stuff about the air horn. First thing I thought about doing was just this but the GF thought I was being crazy. Honestly, haven't had any troubles with others out on the water but thought it would be great for coves and pulling up to the dock to knock some peeps on their butts when they were not lookin. Can definetly see a dual purpose though for getting some people out of the way out on the water too.

Love that quote above though!!

Comment

well I thought I wouldn't need a horn either..that is till I noticed wave runners incessantly following us around when we were surfing. Constantly crossing our wake for air time...and in the process messing up our clean water. They're getting too close to downed surfers as well.

I don't mind the handheld ones but really I think those are more obnoxious than the lower 'big rig' sound. Those really piss people off mostly. I just want to scare the livin krap outta jet skis (and amateur paddle boarders who stray into deep water traffic..plenty of those kooks looking to get mowed)

Now I know I gotta get the badas* horn. Sure it's gonna cost me 300 or so. Hell my prop was 500. It all costs dammit.

Of course if I sell the boat it will come with me. Not a complete toss away of cash..

Comment

Honestly, if they were following our boat, I would stop, pull the skier, boarder, surfer, who ever it is, into our boat, then turn the boat towards the offenders and WOT, catch them, have a little chitchat explaining the situation currently and possible future situations and then move on. Nothing pisses me off more (I keep saying that so there evidently is a lot of stuff that pisses me off) then people running to close to my boat while we are pulling peeps trying to have fun.

If distance is respected and safety is number one, then I don't have a problem with it but it's when those lines are crossed that it becomes a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                          The wimpy Yugo horn is the one weakness of our 24Ve. Even my Seadoo jetboat had a better horn, and more importantly vented it outside the hull. The Tige factory horn is just mounted under the dash, I believe, so it's loudest within the boat itself! WTF?!?

I've wanted to upgrade it but can't decide if boring Yet Another Hole In The Fiberglass is worth it. I'm not keen on tower mounting, as I think horns are acoustically beautiful but visually ugly. Still thinking about it.
                          My horn was already was mounted through the hull just in front of the driver, I was able to get to it from the front locker and then looked up.
                          Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
                          X