Fuel pump doesn't shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump doesn't shut off

As soon as I turn my key into the on position the fuel pump kicks on and won't shut off. Is this a problem, has anyone else had this issue? 2004 Switch I with the MP 350.

Might be the relay. I have a 2002 Merc and a few years ago my fuel pump would start running the second I turned on the battery and would only shut off when I turned the battery off. Replaced the relay (looks like a 1" black cube)for about $15 and it's worked fine ever since

Comment

Originally posted by jsz View Post
      Might be the relay. I have a 2002 Merc and a few years ago my fuel pump would start running the second I turned on the battery and would only shut off when I turned the battery off. Replaced the relay (looks like a 1" black cube)for about $15 and it's worked fine ever since
      Is the relay on the motor or somewhere under the dash?

Comment

top of the motor. might be mounted next to other fuses.

Comment

My 2002 21i will do the same thing occasionally. Just tap the relays that are on the port, top rear side of the engine. A sharp tap with your finger or screwdriver handle should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Briancampbell34 View Post
            My 2002 21i will do the same thing occasionally. Just tap the relays that are on the port, top rear side of the engine. A sharp tap with your finger or screwdriver handle should do the trick.
            You're probably about due for a pump failure. Sounds like the pump is drawing a higher current, which is normal with age and wear. The higher current = more heat across the relay contacts. This will kinda weld them together.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X