1999 Tige 2100i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Tige 2100i

Where/how do I hook up a water hose so I can run the boat on land?

There is like a black soot all over the inside of my engine compartment and engine. It appears to coming from the hose pictured below. Any suggestions??

What is this thing for?

Thanks

To run the boat off you water hose you need some kind of Fake-a-Lake. Goes over the intake screen on the bottom of the boat. If you need a picture let me know before 4pm and I will post a picture of it later tonight. I will be playing around in the boat tonight to get ready for sat. morning.

1st picture, not sure I will look tonight, but I think something is suppose to be in the hole.

2nd picture looks like the fuel rail on my boat.

The black soot inside the engine cover on my boat comes from the belts. I am assuming that they aren't perfectly in line w/ the pulleys.
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

Comment

I believe that black hose attaches to your flame arrestor. It is a crankcase vent. The second picture looks like the port on your fuel rail.

Comment

AJ's right, the first one is the crankcase vent. It should attach to your flame arrestor. The intake will suck the oil vapor from the crankcase and burn it. If the hose is not attached, it will coat everything in your compartment with a oil film over time.
        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

That answers my questions, thanks for the help

Comment

As far as the "fake a lake" goes. I went to the dollar store and bought an $8 dollar plunger (dollar store???). Anyway, I then hooked a water connector through the plunger and applied a little epoxy on the inside. I cup the plunger over ther water intake on the bottom of the hull, turn on the water and it works perfect. The shaft on the plunger, if long enough, can be used as the prop against the ground to keep the plunger sealed nicely against the water intake. Works like a charm and didn't break the bank. My
            Experience - Something you get right after you needed it.

Comment

I know this is an older ost but I had the same issue with the loose flame arrestor, I discovered that at one time it was attached to the air cleaner intake, you can see that it had three welds that came loose. I am going to reconnect mine and take care of the oil misting my engine.

Comment

Working...
              X