Gas fillup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas fillup

When I fillup with gas at normal rates, the gas refluxes out. I was told by Tige that this is a known problem that they have not been able to fix. (It would have been nice to know before purchasing). Does anyone nave a fix?
    Giovanni Bianchi

Put the gas in slower and do not open the fill nozzle all the way. This has worked well for me.
    Ray Thompson
    2005 22V

Comment

Maybe not all makes are affected by this, but Tige's are not the only ones. I used to have a Monterey which was much worse.

So I learned early on to take it slow at the Gas pump. Problem solved.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks this is a design flaw that should be fixed?
        over $60 K Canadian (about 100 bucks US$) and I have to spend 10 minutes trickling gas into my boat, when I could be waterskiing. What's up with that?
        Giovanni Bianchi

Comment

This is not unique to Tige and my other boat suffered the same problem. Because the tank is located far below the filler opening, the fill hose from the filler inlet to the tank fills rapidly. The result is splashback. Annoying yes. But just take your time filling. Also helps to listen to the fill tube and slow down when the liquid level sounds close to the top.
          Ray Thompson
          2005 22V

Comment

Fab:

I just filled up my 05 22V yesterday at the Marina. They either have slow pumps there or my boat does not experience the same issues you are having, because it took the gas as fast as the pump could dish it out.

Not only was I surprised at how fast it was taking it, I was horrified at how fast the cash was leaving my wallet. It took almost 35 gallons at 2.49/gal = $86.90

All of this happened within less than 5 minutes.

What model / year Tige do you have? Maybe you have an issue with your boat that can be fixed.

Comment

Smendez,

I agree about the gas price shock!

I had the gas "burp" for the first time on Sunday. I usually take it pretty slow, but some guy was taking me up about the tige, and I wasn't paying attention!

I like filling up slow, then the spinnng $ wheels don't seem to look so horrible.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

fab, check to see that the fuel tank vent hose is not pinched, kinked, or has a trap in it.
                Greg Denton
                former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

You can purchase a gas catcher that sticks over the vent with suction cups to catch any gas that comes out. Cost is around $40.00. I recommend this for anyone filling up in the water to avoid possible fines. Look in Overton's catelog.

Comment

Working...
                  X