2001 21i engine cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21i engine cover

My engine couling is missing the gas shocks. When I open it I just flip it all the way back till it's sitting on the floor. Curious if those who have gas shocks, does the cover open all the way and is there a safety latch to keep it from falling on your head? I'm looking to put the gas shocks back on if someone could give me a pic of theirs?

Thanks

I didn't have a 01 but had a 03 21i, and the shocks prevented it from opening all the way.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

second what dom said in my 03 and no id doesnt keep it from falling on yo head once it is coming down it is coming down.

Comment

I took my gas shocks off so I could open it all the way. I could never get any shocks that would hold it up anyway.

Comment

The gas struts are easily found at the manufacturers web site. I replaced several on my 02 21i. Snap right in.

Comment

I also believe the shock/struts help keep the cover closed when traveling/towing as well. I have heard where the cover has been forced open while under tow.....

If anything, could decrease your tow vehicle fuel mileage among other things......

Comment

I would definitely put some on. They are cheap and easy.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures of these shocks installed? Sounds like a great addition to my 21i. It would definitely keep some of the stress of the hinge plate on the floor when the cover opens all the way.

Comment

I can get a couple for you later.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Here ya go.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X