2001 21i Glove Box Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21i Glove Box Cover

Apparently, the manufacturer that Tige had making the glove box cover for this boat has gone out of business taking the secrets of producing the cover with them. Anybody have one to sell or know of a similiar replacement?

Thanks

I would make a cardboard template and then take it to a someone that machines plastics, plexi, acrylic, UHMWP, etc and have them do a one-off fo ya. My guy here in town does the walk-thru windscreens for me for about $100. A small door can be too much.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

please let us know if you have any luck finding one, I have a 2002 22i and the lid is cracked.

Comment

My lid on my 2001 21i is cracked also. Seal around the edges is also starting to come apart.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you may try covering the lid with some color matching neuoprime or carpet like a dash pad. you can fix the cracks on the inside with JB weld and then then cover them up as well. you could make it look trick for a few $.

Comment

I repaired my cover with a bit of fiberglass mat/resin where it cracked at the hinge. Then I glued the seal back on with some goop.

Comment

I got some epoxy and used a few bracing pieces fixed it right up, granted not the prettiest job Ive ever done but it holds very well and latches. Plus you cant tell from the outside. Also loosen adjustment screw on the hinge to make it move easier to prevent it from cracking again.

IMG_1533.jpg

Comment

Looks good. I did mine like the one in this older thread.
                http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ight=glove+box
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Plus you cant tell from the outside. Also release modification attach on the depend to create it shift simpler to avoid it from breaking again.

_______
                  Buy Cheap Cosplay Costumes from http://www.CosplayDeal.com

Comment

Working...
                  X