Lexan or Plexi Wind dam Insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dliguori
    I may get jumped on for this comment but I'll say it anyways. I love my boat, but I HATE my dealership. I thought my dealership was the only one! What kind of dealership doesn't know how to install a factory accessory? At my dealership I called and asked what type of rub rail is installed on my boat so I could research the cost of replacing it (since I knew they would charge me my left testicle for a rubrail replacement) and the guy acted like I was crazy for thinking there was more than one type of rubrail on the market!!! Anyone who has done any research knows that there are dozens of designs - Shouldn't the service director of a boat dealership know that?!!!! Maybe he just wants me to tow my boat two hours to the dealerships so he can rip me a new one!
    I am not going to to jump you but i am going to jump on your bandwagon.

Comment

dliguori, so what is it exactly that pissed you off? the fact that the service writer was actually listening to your needs and asking an appropriate or that he just wanted to be sure to order/price the correct
      part? there are 4 different rubrail colors and styles to choose from
      through tige and an infinite number from our vendors. so please, if you are that upset about something that my guy's did call me. 951/737-9801 don't just vent to the world and never give me a chance to make it right. that's not fair to you or me.

we charge $150 total for a plexi glass windscreen installed.

now, back to the instalation problems. everyone makes mistakes, we are all human. as long as you recognize the mistake and do everything possible to remedy it how can you still be upset. unless you are one of those people that never has or never will screw up then just keep in mind the guy building rigging and repairing your boat is just a human doing the best he can. so, lighten up a little guy's, this job is alot harder than you could ever imagine.
      Greg Denton
      former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

dliguori,

I had/have the exact opposite experience with Tige Watersports. In fact Tige M.D. let me know I could get a rub rail insert for a lot less than I thought (see post). The service writers have always been very knowledgeable and helpful in my experience. Tige M.D. is a wealth of information and advise on this forum as well. Thanks Greg!

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...light=rub+rail

Comment

thank you bakerds2121
          Greg Denton

Comment

I'll explain again - I called and asked what type/style of rubrail would fit the 22i and the guy told me that there is one type of rubrail on all boats! Either he didn't know or he was lying to me - either way he was worthless. And by the way this is just one of a series of unsatisfactory experiences I've had with this dealership(it began when I picked the boat!). But you are right about one thing - Mistakes do happen and all that you can do is try and make it right. Whether or not that happens probably depends on how many people you threaten to tell, huh? I don't know tigeMD and maybe he is a great resource for you guys but that doesn't change my experiences with Tige Corona/Riverside. I certainly did not expect to have to find alternate resources than the dealership that I gave 40 grand to. By the way, when I bought my boat I almost went through Tige in AZ - The sales guy there seemed far more honest than Tom (something to keep in mind for those looking for a new boat).

Comment

WOW!
              I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Tige MD, I do appreciate your coments. I have a couple of questions. Who is "we" in we charge $150.00. Who are you, and who do you work for. I paid 250 for the lexan piece and 40 to have it installed wrong from my dealer. I got pics from this thread, that I started, and printed them out and took them to the dealer and physicaly showed them twice how the pics show it to be installed. AND IT'S STIL WRONG. My complaint is that they don't use tige, there own dealer, to ask how to install it. Also where do they get off charging me 300 bucks, when you will do it for 150. I understand things happen, they have fixed several items to my satisfaction, and also done things to my boat, like scratch it or put stains on my rear storage locker vinyl or do a crapy job on extra stereo equipment install. I'm personal tired of the goat screw. I'm picky about my toys and think I have every right to be for the price I've paid for the boat and all the extra money I've spent with them. Just helps to vent it out. I will talk this through with my dealer. I really love my boat. Tige makes a sweet ride. But I feel that I to this date have not be compensated for my troubles. I've spent 100 bucks and 2 hours my self in the boat to fix it and I've got nothing from them. I've paid them because there supose to be able to do things better and faster. My times limited and not worth more than what i paid them to do the job in the first place.
                Snow Hard..........

Sled Harder..........

Kyle Buzz

Comment

"we" is tige watersports in corona ca. the reason for our price being what it is, is we have them made here locally. i don't purchase them from the factory. i or we designed this shield about 4 years ago and shortly after that it appeared as an option from the factory. prior to that they offered a vinyl shield for the same price as our plexi glass shield.
                  as for the other post, i'm sorry for your dissatisfaction with our dealership. i am glad you love your tige, best of luck and happy boating to you and yours.
                  Greg Denton

Comment

Thanks, and same to you TigeMD! I would like to clarify something real quick with you thou. I shouldn't have expressed my dissapointment with the word "hate" - my emotions really don't run THAT deep over boat issues. Although I certainly have to remind myself sometimes that its just a boat and its supposed to be a source of fun - getting upset doesn't get it fixed, I know. So I appologized for using overly harsh words to describe your dealership, I'm sure you do what you can!

Comment

thank you, i am not the owner of the dealership just a employee that gives 100% everyday. this time of year is a little hectic so i apologize if you sound a little angry
                      Greg Denton

Comment

Working...
                      X