2002 21ir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 21ir

Thinking seriously about purchasing a 2002 21ir from a local dealer. Using for family and friends 80% wakeboard/skate/surf and 20% ski. But when the sheet of glass shows up the ski-ability is important.

anyone have input on overall quality youve experienced with the boat, wakeboarding, and skiing.

thanks Loaner
    WAKELESS IN SAN DIEGO

I can't speak too much to the 21I, but can speak for the 22I. I don't know exactly what the differences are, but I can tell you that when I do ski behind my 22I the wake is great. It is small enough the it does not bother me and then when I wakeboard w/ballast I can get the perfect wake. The Taps system allows you to change the wake as needed for the riding that you are doing.

So over all I can say that the 22I is a great overall boat for everything that you want to do on the water.

Now you just need to find out the differences between the 22I and the 21I.

Comment

Have you been happy with the overall quality of your 22I? By the time I get the kids to Havasu I want to know the thing will run.
      WAKELESS IN SAN DIEGO

Comment

I have not had any major problems with the boat. Some small electrical problems, but nothing that I could not fix while we take a small break from boarding and just hang out.

I just could not see myself buying any other boat right now. When I bought my I was looking at the Tige and the Malibu Wakesetter XLI, after test driving both I jus tfelt that for the price the Tige was a better overall boat.

Comment

THANKS FORJAR. THAT HELPS A LOT!
          WAKELESS IN SAN DIEGO

Comment

I've just put some money down on an 02 r1i (type R). I'm still having concerns however, about the DD vs V-drive. First of all, my local dealer did not have V-drives I liked in my price range, so I'm going for the i. But I have concerns about going into bigger lake waters with a D. Won't the DD be more prone to taking water over the bow since its engine weight is more forward? Don't the V-drives sit & drive slowly with the bow more up in the air?

Comment

Dan:

You'll see that the secret to keep water out of the bow is how you drive it. When things get rough, go slow and always keep the gas on to keep that nose up. You can also play with taps to help you adjust.

If you pay attention, you should not get any water in that boat.

Now - that's easy for me to say. I've manage to get my bow passengers quite wet on my 22v because I wasn't paying attention.

Comment

If your serious about a 21I look at an 03 or or 04 i think they changed it that year, the newer ones are way sweeter

Comment

Can't. There is just the 02 for sale around here, and it looks like I couldn't afford a newer one. From what I'm reading though, it looks like it'll do the trick! Thanks to all!

Comment

Have heard from several folks how the boat was 'fixed' in 03. I know this boat has the new hull style. It was changed during the 02 season. This boat was built August 02, so would almost qualify for the 03 label, but since built in August it must say 02. Is this what you folks are referring to. Here's a link to the boat, and to one which I think is the "old" style hull. Will I be OK in big lakes (was told the pre-2002 hulls would not be a good ride there).

My boat (maybe):
                    http://www.maccallumsboathouse.com/p...ail.cfm?ID=404

older hull style:
                    http://www.maccallumsboathouse.com/p...ail.cfm?ID=429

Thanks all for your help!!!

Comment

2002 is the year Tige made the change to the 21i, so you will be getting the new design.

Comment

ILL BE TESTING AN 02 HERE THIS WEEKEND. ID BE INTERESTED TO SEE HOW YOUR TEST DRIVE GOES.

AS FAR AS THE VDRIVE/DIRECT DRIVE ISSUE. IVE HAD A DIRECT DRIVE FOR 5 YEARS AND IT WORKS FINE ON THE BIG LAKES. GOT CAUGHT IN A MONSOON ON HAVASU IN AZ. DANS RIGHT PUT EVERYONEIN THE BACK A DRIVE WITH THE BOW UP TO SHELTER. I JUST DIDNT CARE FOR THE EXTRA WAKE WHEN SKIING THE V. $$ IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE AS WELL.
                        WAKELESS IN SAN DIEGO

Comment

Working...
                        X