20i Taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20i Taps

I have an 04 20i. Just noticed today that the taps does not stay in slolom mode for more than a couple of minutes before returning to wakeboard setting. I know it is working but it just will not stay in place. Anyone know what could be the problem?

It should only do that when the key is first turned off not when the boat is running.

Comment

I know. When I am running the boat, you can see the needle slowly move from number 1 eventually all the way to 9. I just keep pressing the taps button back to 1. I know for a fact that it is working, but it just will not stay at the slolom setting.

Comment

I had my taps switch short out in the handle. That caused the taps to raise and lower all by it's self.

Comment

taps

Check the fluid in the cylinders, i expierenced the same problem and it was because the gasket inside was leaking and fluid was being released or it was just allowing the fluid to be moved within the chamber. Its best since its still under warrenty to take it to the dealer and have them worry about it.

Comment

I had that happen to me once and it turned out to be a loose connection. Check all your connections i.e. the power supply to your taps unit under the dash it could just be a poor connection.

Comment

it's probably a computer problem. take it to your dealer. other wise you could be scratching your hear for a while trying to figure it out.
              Greg Denton
              former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

I will probably wait till my 20 hr service to take it to the dealer. Got about 5 hrs to go. Thanks for all the input!

Comment

Working...
                X