2015 Tige Z3 TAPs 3 to GSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myksbmw View Post
    Did you buy the GSA system from Germaine Marine? or did you buy it seperatley and have them install it? I have a 15' Z3, so I already have the Lenco actuators, so am just guess I'll need the plates and then the software update? I called them a few months back and they quoted me $4,000 to switch to TAPS3, I just wondering if the GSA conversion would be less $. Thanks
    Yes, I purchased the system from Germaine, and they installed it for me. You will need a little more than the plates (mounting brackets, hardware, etc), but it's all reasonable price wise. I believe I can safely say the total price will be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the $4000 they quoted you for TAPS3.
    Last edited by D&P Powell; 10-04-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Did you buy the GSA system from Germaine Marine? or did you buy it seperatley and have them install it? I have a 15' Z3, so I already have the Lenco actuators, so am just guess I'll need the plates and then the software update? I called them a few months back and they quoted me $4,000 to switch to TAPS3, I just wondering if the GSA conversion would be less $. Thanks
      Who did you talk to? Give me a ring maybe I can help. 714-306-3999
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Germaine Marine View Post
        Who did you talk to? Give me a ring maybe I can help. 714-306-3999
        I just called the American Fork location, asked for the “service” department asked them. I’ll give you a call, I’d appreciate any Assistance. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
          You may already have TAPS 3 on your screen. Go into dealer mode and see if you can switch between AVX and TAPS3 (don't actually do it). Next thing to do is check your actuators. They need to be the 2 1/4" travel units, not the 4" travel units. Not sure what AVX came with. After that you just need the new tabs and install. Really pretty easy.
          Since you're local, I could help if you want/need it.
          Thanks for the info, I’ll check the travel length on the actuators. Thanks for offering to help. Have you done the GSA conversion on your boat?

Comment

Thanks for the info, I’ll check the travel length on the actuators. Thanks for offering to help. Have you done the GSA conversion on your boat?
            I've built a few of these types of systems. Here's the one I did this spring:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...9-TAPS-21-v2-0

Honestly the wave keeps getting better. Really has made surfing fun again.

Comment

I’ve probably said this a million times now but GSA tabs are impressive. The z3 with GSA is even more impressive than any other boat I’ve been on with the tabs. Just so much adjustment and clean waves to surf. Rzx3 is still a bigger beast but the z3 is super clean.

Comment

He's right you know.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  I’ve probably said this a million times now but GSA tabs are impressive. The z3 with GSA is even more impressive than any other boat I’ve been on with the tabs. Just so much adjustment and clean waves to surf. Rzx3 is still a bigger beast but the z3 is super clean.
                  I need you to convince my wife why is we should spend $1500 or so to convert my 2019 R23. Kinda frustrating to buy a year model early before a big update like this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kinda frustrating to buy a year model early before a big update like this. Lol
                    The next "big thing" is always around the corner. if its not surf tabs, its this or that. If you keep waiting, you'll never buy. If you beat yourself up once you see the new model feature, you'll never enjoy the boat you got.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      The next "big thing" is always around the corner. if its not surf tabs, its this or that. If you keep waiting, you'll never buy. If you beat yourself up once you see the new model feature, you'll never enjoy the boat you got.

100 percent on the nose.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                        I need you to convince my wife why is we should spend $1500 or so to convert my 2019 R23. Kinda frustrating to buy a year model early before a big update like this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        yes, this. i am about ready to do it, but the one thing before i pull the trigger is if anyone can verify is if switch to gsa tabs lets me weight evenly for a clean wave on both sides for transfers or instant side switch without adjusting water or people. that's the one thing that bums me about taps 3 post-actuator move. i have to list to the surf side, enough so that transfers are not possible if you want a clean wave on both sides. it's awesome surfing one side or the other with correct pitch & roll, just the convenience and flexibility factor which was a big selling point of taps 3 for this hull is no longer there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddies z3 we weight the boat 100% even no listing or moving lead or anything. Might have a couple people move but it’s still clean without.

Comment

Seems odd that post actuator move you lost the clean transfer. Your tabs didn’t move. Maybe they now need to be set at a different surf number than what you're used to.

Comment

I've tried multiple surf settings with even weight, from 7 on down. nothing but wash if i don't list the boat with ballast. just seems like taps3 doesn't push over enough to get ideal pitch and roll.

i am now running 1200# lead (pretty much all in the back) on top of full rear water and formerly ~50/50 in front (now 85/25), 11 mph, surf 4, taps 3 or 4. some of that weight - whether people or inanimate ballast - has to be moved to the surf side to get list underway at 5-6°. you say taps plates didn't move, but i can't duplicate the wave i had last year weighted evenly like last year. same surf settings. do you think all the extra weight is affecting taps ability to do its job? is it possible i have the wrong actuators and they're not moving as far as they should?

another thing i see on an adjacent topic here is people have to run 12mph + with gsa to clean that wave. wow, that's fast. the fastest we'll go is 11.4 and that's with a longboard. that has to ramp up your rpms and thereby fuel consumption, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
                                another thing i see on an adjacent topic here is people have to run 12mph + with gsa to clean that wave
                                We do NOT run at 12 with GSA to clean the wave. We can run anywhere from 10.8 to 12.2 and have a clean wave. I prefer it around 11.2 - 11.4.

Comment

Working...
                                X