2015 Tige Z3 TAPs 3 to GSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    MB is already using GSA. What would that say about Tige if they switched to a competitors surf system?
    MB has an agreement with GSA to use their product, the same way Tige has agreements with Wet Sounds, ACME, etc. Although I get what you are saying, I don't think the GSA surf system is proprietary to a brand the same way NSS or Surf Gates are.

Comment

What does it cost parts and labor to switch?

Comment

You're right and people in the know will understand. At the same time MB changed the name to "MB Switch Surf System", not GSA. Tige doesn't change the name of wetsound's or acme's products to fit their marketing. People who don't know or who wear MB blinders will call it a copy, and like them, I hate people that copy stuff.

Comment

The costs are all dependent on the variables. If you have Taps 3, everything is already pre-wired, it's just a matter of linking it up to the existing Tige Touch system. If no TAPs 3, the costs go up exponentially. Since we had TT, and I purchased all the mounting hardware separately, I was able to keep the costs significantly lower. Additionally, as with anything else, I am sure labor will vary depending on who does the work.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
            The costs are all dependent on the variables. If you have Taps 3, everything is already pre-wired, it's just a matter of linking it up to the existing Tige Touch system. If no TAPs 3, the costs go up exponentially. Since we had TT, and I purchased all the mounting hardware separately, I was able to keep the costs significantly lower. Additionally, as with anything else, I am sure labor will vary depending on who does the work.
            What's the cost of the plates?

Comment

If MB was smart, they got an exclusive OEM usage agreement on it. At least for a period of time. GSA is free to sell consumer level kits, but not bring on any other OEM.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Or GSA puts their stuff on as many boats as possible since Lenco(Brunswick) is dominating the market and not doing a great job. The occasional Lenco actuator failure is far from just a Tige issue. Done lots on MCs at this point too.

I would wait and see what Tige has to offer for MY2020

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                  Or GSA puts their stuff on as many boats as possible since Lenco(Brunswick) is dominating the market and not doing a great job. The occasional Lenco actuator failure is far from just a Tige issue. Done lots on MCs at this point too.

I would wait and see what Tige has to offer for MY2020
                  I second this there are some sweet things coming down the pipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                    What's the cost of the plates?
                    Approximately $1500

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                      Approximately $1500
                      That's not too bad. Probably an upgrade Id be interested in once my warranty is up. I don't imagine Tige would cover any actuator failures or things of that nature if one was to not have stock surf tabs... Or am I wrong? You did say your Tige dealer installed them. I bet freeheel4life could answer that question once he unburies his head from an engine compartment ....

Comment

I’ve been staying quiet but go watch tiges new YouTube video with the 23ZX and it’s got GSA. You really think is random tigeowners would be having great success with GSA before they did?

Comment

Dang!!!! looks massive!!! thanks for the info Dave!

Comment

I have a 2016 Z1 with AVX, TT2. Would I need a whole new TT with an GSA overhaul?
                            Nick
                            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Not at all Nharp. Basically plug n play. Will have to get into the dealer menu and make some changes when done.

Comment

And all you really need is the GSA plates and update the software. You have the lenco actuators on the AVX and all of the wiring is there. Should be a fairly simple swap.
                                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X