Dual battery switch/High voltage warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual battery switch/High voltage warning

This was my first summer with a '17 RZX that has dual batteries and the ProMariner battery system. Starting the year, I ran the boat with the switch on "combine batteries" without issue. Later in the year I found the manual states "the battery should only be on combine in case of an emergency." After a few days with the position on in On (not combined), I received a warning that the voltage on the crank was too high, and watching the voltage from the screen had it 18+ when any significant RPMs were hit. Switching to Combine immediately balanced the house/crank batteries to ~11/12v each.

What am I missing here? Should I be running the batteries in Combine, contrary to the manual and the switch or is there something wrong with the wiring? The boat is out for the winter but I am hoping to have this fixed before next season.

If everything is working correctly the proper orientation is "on". My guess is you have a bad battery, if 11/12v is with the engine on that is very low, should be in 13s. Battery switches are also known to go bad. I would start by load-testing batteries and then check voltages with a volt meter at different locations to pinpoint an issue.

Comment

"ON" is the correct switch position when the boat is in use.

My gut says the issue is with the Promariner ProCharge. If you can run the engine and have a $25 dollar volt/ohm meter from harbor freight, its easy to test.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X