Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 21V - New owner of not so new boat. Need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21V - New owner of not so new boat. Need some advice.

Hey guys. My brother in law just purchased a 2001 2100V Limited. It's in decent shape, but needs some love. It does have a nice Wakemakers ballast system and a suction gate. I have a few questions for those that have owned/wrenched on these.
    1. What is a good prop for surfing/boarding with the 350 MAG MPI motor?
    2. Any chance the glove box lid is still available anywhere?
    3. Where can he find the interior lighting replacements (hopefully LED)?
    4. Can you post pics of your factory bimini or any aftermarket bimini extensions?
    5. Any other advise or recommendations for the boat.
    Edit: Sorry guys it’s a 2100V Limited not a 21V.
    Last edited by Hyperryd; 09-19-2024, 06:06 AM.
    If it was easy, everybody would do it!
    www.WakeGarage.com

1...Prop 1617 with the blue v drive
    2... nope
    3 idk
    4... that is the factory Bimini for the tower of death.
    5...do the 3 wire pickup in the distributor

CBA85439-4A93-4BBC-8FC4-099561EB62C3.jpeg
    Here is my 2000 21v I built my own Bimini extension.

Comment

1) Need to know if the boat has the 1:1 or 1.46:1 v-drive
      2) 3D print
      3) As long as the housing are in good shape, ive converted a number of old incandescent assemblies to LED.
      4) if its got the Metcraft "Met-Crap" tower. Dont spend a dime on a bimini. Get a new tower and bimini.
      5) Let me know if you need ballast and stereo help. I might be able to help with LEDs also.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is this J. Lee from HyperRyd? Unfortunately, I do not know much about this model other than what I have read on here over the years. I know someone with more experience with this model will chime in. I will say though that the two items I noticed right away are the tower and the chines. The tower appears to be the MetCraft tower, more often referred to as the "MetCrap" tower. There are a few who claim it just needs to be tightened on a regular basis, but most recommend replacing it right away. As for the chines, I believe there is someone on here that filled those in for a better surf wave, but I can't remember who it was that did that. Congratulations to your brother-in-law on the new boat, and if this is J. Lee - thanks again for your continued support of the West Coast Tige Owners Reunion!

Comment

There are a lot more pics on my profile "My Boat" here is a pic with the extended sun shade down. The tower has a receiver permanently attached the pole just slide into the receiver. then put the cloth on like 2 min to set up and take down.
          174AF2A0-17CF-4DFC-BF04-DA068C23AAE6.jpeg

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll find out which V-drive he has and which prop it currently has. The interior lights he has are stainless but missing lenses. I’ll see if we can get pics of those too. It’s his first wakeboat so we are going to try to just fix what makes sense to fix and then if he really likes it maybe start upgrading things like the tower. The extreme trailer is complete trash so he has work to do there too.
            Yes David it is me John Lee. I’m glad to be a sponsor of your reunions. My first boat was a Tige and Tige owners have always been great people to talk to. That’s why when my BIL said he found an affordable boat that needed work, I told him the Tige community is typically a great resource for advice.
            Last edited by Hyperryd; 09-17-2024, 10:24 PM.
            www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

So looking between the 525 and the 653 for the prop. Both are 13”x11.5” props. The 525 has a .80 cup and the 653 has a .60 cup. Not sure which is best for this boat at sea level.
              www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperryd View Post
                So looking between the 525 and the 653 for the prop. Both are 13”x11.5” props. The 525 has a .80 cup and the 653 has a .60 cup. Not sure which is best for this boat at sea level.
                so it is the black 1:1 not the blue1.46:1?

Comment

Just confirmed it’s the black V-drive. I’m not near the boat, I was wondering if there is enough clearance for a 14” prop or not. Just looking at all of the options.
                  www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

The issue with the 1:1 and larger/4-blade surf props is the lack of torque multiplication. A 14" will fit, but I dont know if ACME or OJ even offer a viable 3-blade. If they did, I have no clue how it would perform.

Both the 525 and 653 are solid options for that boat. They will do well for surf/wake boarding and still give you enough speed without too much RPM to ski. However, I would expect you to sac that boat out for surfing and maybe even use a surf device. Id go more aggressive and slap a 911 on it.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So this is a pic of the prop hub. It’s a 525 with a 1:1 V drive.
                      www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                      X