ATX22 vs MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
    There's some cutout holes above the cup holder in the plastic so you can access the harness. Wonder if the decibels you are hearing there are coming up the gunnel and out that hole.
    That would likely be it. I didn't investigate further. I just know that if I sat on the back seat it sounded more like the engine was in front of me than behind me. We had to shout at each other to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post

That would likely be it. I didn't investigate further. I just know that if I sat on the back seat it sounded more like the engine was in front of me than behind me. We had to shout at each other to talk.
      How did the noice compare to your rzx3 with the 440? That's one thing I've heard about the moomba in the past and just in general one of the things I dislike so much about the raptor.

The Gm 6.2L H6 is such a quiet engine once you spend time in one it makes even a quiet raptor seem crazy loud. I really wish Tige would switch back over to GM.

Comment

The noise in the max was really something. Our 3 was loud, but quiet enough that normal conversation could easily happen inside the cabin area under a normal ballast load while surfing. While driving I could easily communicate with the surfer. I didn’t bother trying in the max. What was surprising is that the FAE made no difference. But with the noise coming in through the boat it makes sense. We out FAE in the 3 and did notice a noise reduction. That’s tells me where the noise was coming from the most. Good job Tige. Also explains why my wife made it very clear that Tige is still our boat.

Comment

Moomba has definitely stepped up their game. I'd demo both and go from there. I'll be taking a good long look at a Makai at the boat show this upcoming year.
          Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

Depending on your dealer and where you live, Moomba wont be selling any boats at the boat shows this year. Well they might have spots for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              Depending on your dealer and where you live, Moomba wont be selling any boats at the boat shows this year. Well they might have spots for 2022.
              True. I know some Midwest dealers that are almost sold out of their 2021 production slots already.

Comment

Working...
              X