No announcement yet.

Moomba flow type design- Who's with me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the supra seemed to be pretty flat running when we were surfing it. I was with Trever Miller and he was driving and had it set up how he likes it and it was pretty nice. I wish they would have explained how it works more to us. I still think it was pretty short and the lip was much smaller in length. I will have to say that when I was surfing it was pretty rough and windy so I didn't get an ideal try at it. Also in my experience all the surf system or tabbed boats with more even weight tend to have more of a hook in them so they become shorter even when speeding up. It would be interesting to see how a tab would work on your Tige Duffy but the new AVX will be hard to beat.

Comment

So in summary: The advantage of a delayed convergence device is even weighting of the boat and a fairly level running attitude? Does it end there?

So at the start of the day, you fill all bags, deploy the proper side's device, and surf. Then when you switch, you just reverse the sides of the devices and carry on.

Waves aren't necessarily bigger or better per se, just more convenient?
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Yep!
        FullSizeRender.jpg

Here is my lake last Saturday afternoon
        FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Unfortunately it is looking like this weekend will be windy. I don't know if I will get to try it this year.

Comment

Oh MAN is this thread a tease!! Any updates????

Comment

Originally posted by FacePlant View Post
            Oh MAN is this thread a tease!! Any updates????
            I was wondering the same thing.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I know it has seemed like a tease however, I didn't get the boat back in the water again last fall. I do have the other parts machined, but not installed due to the boat being in storage. As warm as the weather has been here (60+ last week) I've been anticipating the start of the season so I can do some testing and I'll certainly let interested parties know the results.

Question: Should I lag bolt the mounting plate into the transom or through-bolt?

Comment

thru bolt
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any progress guys? I feel like I know you all I have been reading this stuff for days..

Comment

Duffy I would love to ask you a few questions if you ever do a phone call I'd dig it.

Comment

I sent you a pm.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

BTW the new MB v23 has mash up of a few concepts but it came together pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by manintheboat View Post
                          BTW the new MB v23 has mash up of a few concepts but it came together pretty well.
                          Umm. The stock surf system is Meh... Surfassist is a much better system than the stock surf system.... I think the new MB 23 has a better wave when listed...imo

Comment

For installation tomorrow if all goes well. Powell trip in 2 weeks! I hope to have a couple of shake-down runs locally prior to test this out and get the cobwebs out of the boat.
                            IMG_4083.JPGIMG_4084.JPG

Comment

You sir have skills. I have read a few people rocking these plus the lean and getting clean long waves!
                              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Very nice!!! How much to my door?

Comment

Working...
                                X