Moomba flow type design- Who's with me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
    I would rather have the lag bolts shear off then rip the transom off. I will most likely use brass lags as a sheer point. Let's design it up. Yeah I was thinking I could buy it and rebuild it with no step. But it's too long for my boat. Needs to probably be 6.5" width max for my boat.
    Good point I'm just a little more concerned the lags could loosen up and then you have your hull soaking up water. You could try and make it up using three plates sandwiched together with the middle one as the movable blade. Middle one being smaller with only one bolt thru it to be the pivot point.

Comment

Before I bought my Z3 I considered an older Malibu or axis and planed to duplicate the momba system.

It looked easy to make with a CNC laser, made from thick SS sheet.
      My engineering dept is swamped but if some one can produce the details in Cad I would be interested in making them.

Comment

I might try to do something like this before I would try to replicate the Moomba system.

http://www.wickedwakesurf.com/

Comment

Has anyone tried that by the way? I just found that website on Sunday.

Comment

I tried my own version and it works really well. Simple project and pretty inexpensive. I still weight the boat with a surfside bias (250 lbs) but I am able to stay relatively level and fill my offside v-drive locker bag completely. Now I don't have to move people to the surfside.photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Comment

very interesting. I take it that wicked wave is 'Cummins deal?
              my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                very interesting. I take it that wicked wave is 'Cummins deal?
                Doubtful as they currently only make it for Malibu and Axis. See FAQs - link below
                http://www.wickedwakesurf.com/faq.html
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

some of those waves are pretty nice
                  my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Nice work! My buddy made one of those for his X45 and it works awesome but he said that the wave has no push at all now. I gave him some addl ballast bags to try out and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

The waves with these devices still need weight. Just more weight even. I surf a gate boat and a nss boat. Wave isn't as big, but it's long and powerful. Both run an extra 1.5k-2k in ballast on top of stock.
                      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I run about 4400 lbs of ballast with or without my ghetto gate. Just distributed differently depending on a tradition list or more evenly weighted with ghetto gate on.

Gotta have the ballast weight either way.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                          The waves with these devices still need weight. Just more weight even. I surf a gate boat and a nss boat. Wave isn't as big, but it's long and powerful. Both run an extra 1.5k-2k in ballast on top of stock.
                          We were able to spend some time with one of the Nautique riders and was given a tip on weighting our G series, not sure this works the same if its a 210 or 230. Only ballast the rear and have the surf side heavy about 400-600 lbs (the goofy is pretty good even the port side needs the offset), either with people or drop ballast on the off side. Speed will need to increase to 11.2-11.6 to lengthen the wave. This tip made a big difference for our NSS set up.
                          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

How about these? Just a start. The backing plate is larger than it needs to be because you may need to also test a NSS type plate that isn't designed yet. My boat is orange, not many other 24V's of that color.
                            Surf Wing up.jpgSurf Wing down.jpgSurf Wing way down.jpg

Comment

That looks amazing!!
                              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Poor pic quality in the low light but I checked a 1:1 template against my transom and it looks pretty good. I may finish detailing this out and see what happens. As far as I can tell the attachment surface is completely flat which makes this a much easier install. We are about to put the boat away for the season however and I don't know if I can get something tested before its too late. Water is already really cold around here. Template pics:
                                IMG_3273.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X