2016 Z1 Ballast pump issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Z1 Ballast pump issues

Hey everyone. I am looking for recommendations or ideas for ballast pumps on our 2016 Z1. I don't have a problem in general with the type of pumps the factory used or the speed at which they fill, but I do have an issue with the material of the pump housings. Our boat has the Attwood Tsunami t1200 pumps, part number 22009 through Wakermakers. I believe Tige's part number is Z-A7301B. I'm having issues with the threads breaking off due to the plastic housings being brittle. I've replaced one this season and discovered another is now broke and they are somewhat hard to find and apparently out of stock everywhere. I'm sure everyone is aware you can't buy just the pump housing, unless you have connections somewhere, (I do not). So I've been throwing around the idea of completely changing pump type/brand/etc., but they problem with that is I would have to purchase 8 pumps just for the ballast system. That doesn't even get into bilge pumps, etc. I know I can use a reverse-able pump on each ballast, but I don't want to have to wire in a new switch for each, as I'd like to use my touch screen as it's intended to fill and empty my bags. Any help or ideas I'm open to. Thanks! Jim

They are discontinued and revived to a new 1200 GPH. For aerators, I use the Surflo 1100. However, they have a 3/4" threaded inlet v;s the T1200's 1". Nothing a bushing cant solve. .
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthrill. So I can still find the factory replacement pumps, so I don't know that they're discontinued. Even Tige' stated to my dealer that they're available, it's just they are on back order. What is the part number of the Surflo you mentioned? They may be running them out and not restocking, who knows...... You also stated a new replacement 1200 GPH model, what make and model are those?

Comment

chpthrill, what's the part number of the new t1200 pumps you were talking about?

Comment

5663-4 and I can do them for $60 each. Or I can do the ShurFlo 1100 for $70 each + a few bucks for bushings.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a source for the 5663-4, I just didn't know if you had something better to suggest. I'm not sure I care for the ShurFlo idea as it's a smaller gph pump, plus there's no way to attach it to my factory brackets so they don't flop around.

Comment

The new MK2 body looks different from the original T1200 body, so I have no idea if they will fit into whatever that "factory bracket" is. If the Surflo wont work for you, then nothing else I suggest, which I dont have a 3rd option to suggest anyway, would work.

The difference between the 20 GPM and 18.3 GPM pump is 3/4 of a can of your favorite frothy adult beverage and finishing it before the ballast is full.

Comment

Working...
              X