2005 24V Ballast Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 24V Ballast Help

Hello new to me Tige owner here. I recently acquired a 2005 24v with factory ballast (4 tanks 900# I think) and I am wondering if it would be better to pull the factory ballast out, and replace it with larger sacks, or simply add sacks on top of the tanks in the rear lockers, and maybe add a bow bag?

Thanks,
    Reno

Its 20 years old, rip and replace it all. The pumps are likely 500 GPH and would be painfully slow filling any sac worthy of a surf machine. The hose is likely brittle and has muscle memory and would not do well trying to reroute.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Start from scratch. New pumps and bags for sure.

Comment

Depending on your budget, rip the tanks out, then get new or even used sacs. People are always selling used stuff. Your stock fill and drain pumps should work fine for new sacs. There is always faster stuff, but it's not always needed.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the input! looks like gonna start fillin the piggy bank up for some winter purchases!

Thanks again!

Reno

Comment

Working...
          X