Fill/ Drain rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill/ Drain rates

I just purchased a 2017 RZX2 with 68 hours and have had it on the lake a few times and was not throwing a decent wave at all. Checked my actuator and all seem to be working fine. What I think is the problem is the ballast tanks were not filling up. I assumed that 100 percent was 100 percent. Figured that there was a sensor in the tanks. Upon reading several posts I went into my settings and found that the fill and drain times were set at 2:00 minutes. This I gather is not even close to enough time to fill the tanks. When I get to the lake this weekend I will fill and drain each and time how long to fill and drain and set the system to those times. Just wondering approx how much time will I be looking at to fill / drain. Have not found any factory settings or any topics on this. Thanks

Increase timers to 12 min and time how long it takes to fill that way it won't keep stopping. Then change the time in the computer. Also override the drains to ensure completely empty first.

Comment

Thanks. I will set to 12 minutes. Thats the plan to fill until they spill out. Just wanted a ballpark as to where to start. Thanks for the help. After thinking about it I realized if there are pumps that can fill 360 gallons of water in 2 minutes that would be a pump that moves 180 gallons per minute. That would be quite the pump.

Comment

Bsried is bang on. I’m pretty sure mine is around 10/11 rear and 6 front (off the top of my head) with full ballast the platform will be in the water. My pumps airlock frequently so also be mindful of that. If it does pop the pump cartridge out of the body, let water flow out and reinstall.

Comment

What bowser said is spot on about air lock

Comment

The air lock issue is resolvable by reorienting the pump body/outlet.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              The air lock issue is resolvable by reorienting the pump body/outlet.
              Which way do you reccomend orienting them? I am guessing so the outlet is facing the rear or the sides? That is how all the new tige's are which aren't known to airlock.

Comment

Working...
              X